Tuesday, July 26, 2011

We all had our "run in's"

Back to Paris for a day with the entire Disney Crew.....not the characters (I wish!), but our families.

We all had our "run in's" with the French, but still managed to have a nice time in Paris! When I say "run in's" I am referring to dealings with the "overly friendly" locals (insert sarcasm). Andreas and I had "run in's" with personnel at an Air France counter....Klaus and family had "run in's" with a pharmacist at a drug store...and well, poor Mike Radermacher deals with "run in's" from the time he steps off the airplane in Paris, to the moment the wheels touch-down in the USofA. ;-) I think the words "I'm never coming back here EVER again" came out of everyone's mouths at least once on this portion of the trip, including mine! (However, I must disclose that I'm returning in October...against my will....but, I am still returning!) Still, even with all of the "run in's" we had an amazing time!
 My Dad wanted his own special portrait taken in front of the Eiffel Tower (maybe to commemorate his LAST trip to Paris...EVER) ;-)
To The Top! 
We managed to get everyone to wait in line to take the elevator to the top of the Eiffel Tower

Of course, these are part of the collection titled "Masterpieces by Andreas"


I went up to the top of the tower when I came to Paris on a weekend trip from London, during my Study Abroad semester. I have to say, it was just as incredible...and having our families there made it really special.

Long way up!



Klaus, Colleen, Me and Mike all at the top of the Eiffel Tower




What's a day in Paris without at little fun! :-)

Just so you know...we were ALL supposed to jump! Mom, you did a horrible job faking a jump...Dad, next time I would appreciate at least a "horrible fake"!


Best picture of the ENTIRE trip!
This picture is my absolute favorite photo from our trip. It not only has all of our loved ones present, (minus those who were unable to come to Paris) but Lisann's face is priceless!
That's a wrap for Paris! 
I know it was a short post, but we had such a wonderful day with family, and I was really excited to share these memories with all of you. 


We are now off to Lisbon, Portugal for the final leg of our trip. (sad face)
However, before posting anything on Portugal, we will post photos and stories from Cambodia. We were there during our Southeast Asia leg of the trip, but due to poor internet connections at some of our hotels, we got a little behind on our posts. In an effort to catch up, we skipped Cambodia...and have decided to insert it now. With that said...it was one of the more interesting as well as hilarious legs of our trip...so stay tuned!


As we come to the end of our blog posts, if you are reading this blog...we would love to know you are out there...become a follower or shoot us an email, fb message etc. Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. Here I say it: I like Paris...and I love your posts darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a French guy, I have to say: Paris is a great city but would be even greater without all these Parisian people living there... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome trip, but Euro Disney was still better!!!

    ReplyDelete