Monday, July 18, 2011

We Have Gas

You are never too old for Disney...no matter how many Disney-parents look at you like you are! 

My mother, Andreas and I decided to forgo another day in Paris, and head to EuroDisney for a fun-filled afternoon at the park!  We decided to take the train (bc it was cheaper than a cab), which would have been easy....if we all understood the concept of traveling light! Just to give you an idea of what we were dealing with...here is our luggage count: 2 large travel backpacks, 1 medium camera bag, 2 small "carry-on" backpacks, 1 gigantic purse and 1 luggage bag, with wheels, that I'm sure members of the mob have used for transporting more than 1 dead body at a time.....All of this weighing in at close to 200lbs. We nearly died of heat exhaustion just getting to the train station.....We ate up six seats on the train....and even more dirty looks, as we sweated over our hoards of luggage during the 1-hour ride to Disney. The good news was that we all eventually made it to the hotel....bad news was we all wanted to take a nap instead of heading to the park...but the three of us rallied together, resisted the need for a siesta and headed in to Disney to ride some rides!!!
Regardless of the obstacles we encountered that day, and there were several....it was a fun and memorable experience. Even thinking about it now, as I write, makes me laugh.

The "Unofficial" Big Kid Holiday at Disney! 
After wringing out our sweaty clothes from the train ride, we all headed into the park for some junk food and fast rides! 

Mom and I in front of the Disney Hotel
VIDEO:
At Cinderella's Castle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElkSyy5GBcQ

Main Street was filled with people....Mom and I were on the hunt for a funnel cake!

Andreas was so excited, he was jumping up and down. I think he developed a small crush on Cinderella (I hear he has a thing for blondes)
VIDEO:
The Mine Mine Birds From 'Finding Nemo'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfwWsJS9b1I

First ride of the day....Pirates of the Caribbean. We all approached the line, and saw a sign stating that it was a 45 min wait. My mom and I felt lucky....ONLY 45min, we thought! However, Andreas, who has little Disney experience, was ready to throw in the towel in search for a shorter line....it took him a few hours, but he eventually learned that a 45 min wait was a "quick line."

Buzz....Love Buzz!


My nerdy, I mean wonderful Andreas was so excited to ride the Star Wars ride.
However, after we ate funnel cakes and rode the "vomit" rides....we stumbled upon the "art imitating life" sign. (For the record...it was my mom's sign...I just stood with her to make her feel better)

Heid-site
We had such a great day at the park! I have to say, some of the rides at Euro-Disneyland are way better than rides at Orlando's Disney Park. My only recommendation is to save the hot dog and funnel cake for after your "adult day" at the park.  ;-(
Now we look forward to getting over to the "Heid-site" (short for The Heid Family Camper Van Park) to see the family, and get in some much needed play time with Lisann and Jens!

VIDEO:
My Mother and her Kite!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GGvbbl_KAA

Andreas and I bought this kite inside a hutong in Beijing, China....My mother was determined to make it fly.....and fly it did....right into a tree! Fun OVER!
Andreas, Colleen and I were lucky enough to book a decent rate at one of the Disney Park Hotels. So, tomorrow morning, we self proclaimed "big kids" are heading into the park before it opens to the public (how cool is that....I'm so excited)....you know, to ride all of those amazing rides AGAIN.....and to take a few spins on the Tea Cups before the line is 6 hrs long. ;-)

We head in at 8am, and Andreas' family plans to meet us around 10am at the park entrance...ready for a fun filled day of Princesses, Dumbo, train rides, It's A Small World and last but not least...Tea Cups! Stay tuned for Princess Lisann...she will be making an appearance in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment