Friday, April 15, 2011

NO CASH OR BANANAS LEFT ON THE PREMISES OVERNIGHT....

After a few days in Sydney, it's time to say goodbye! We both loved our time here, and in some ways, we wish we had at few more days...a week...a month left in this beautiful city. I'm sure we will say the same thing about a lot of places we visit, but Sydney felt a little like our NYC home...so it's hard to leave this morning.
We haven't had time to post pictures because we have not stopped moving since we got here. So, I once again have a massive picture dump of the last few days to share with you. Enjoy!

Crocodile Dundee-Heid with his Canon at his side!


First : Beautiful Sydney!

Bronte Beach




Tamarama Beach Cafe

We spent the majority of our beach time that day on this beach (Tamarama Beach)...very few speedo's, as you can see, very few people! Loved it!

Miss you Meg

Still miss you Meg...

The famous Bondi Beach

City View...after reading that the MOST dangerous spiders and snakes live in this country, Andreas wanted me to climb a overgrown hill to see "amazing views" of the city. Does it surprise you that I refused? I kept telling him I found my own way up, and that I could see everything (there were stairs at the far end of this hill, but they only went up to about 1/3 of the hill...oh, and I couldn't see a thing, but was very content with me lie)
The Harbor Bridge & Opera House:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7rfVLZ398k

Harbor Bridge

Hanging out around the Opera House:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P5XzRdh-Zw


Sydney Opera House







One of my favorites...however, I was still in bed when he took this photo at 6am. ;-)



Another Fav!





The next dozen pics were taken at the Sydney Wildlife World...we both loved this place! It was a total tourist trap...but worth every penny!




We got to pet these little guys...SO CUTE!

Shy Baby...8 months old!

A Roo for Rosie! Grandma, we took this for you! We also named her Rose, because we thought...if she could talk she looks like she would ask a lot of questions...don't you think?




View from our hotel!

Find Shannon...she's out there!

Andreas left his hat...but took the Canon




The Keith Urban & Lady Antebellum concert was one of the best i've ever been too! Lady A was great, and I think Andreas enjoyed them too. Keith Urban was amazing! he played for 2.5hrs, sang from different stages all over the arena (one very close to us), and just put on an amazing show. Here are a few pics and videos of that evening.

Keith Urban's My Hero ~ Andreas ;-)
A few video's of the Lady Antebellum Show:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVklXIwlwOk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD6Q-5YEbx0

Lady Antebellum
Keith Urban giving a signed guitar to a fan just 5 rows up from where we sat:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYoyKW6cUI4

Keith Urban singing 5 rows up from us...he also signed that guitar and gave it to a gal in the stands!


Now for our personal collection of favorites:

looked for a Lexi & Savy as well...came up dry!

Andreas had to carefully take this banana home...making sure that no further dents were added to it that would decrease its value....FYI the damn thing cost $2.

Go Green! We Spartan's are EVERYWHERE!

Oh to be a fireman in this area of town....this is a fire house? Sign me up.

Giant boot spotting again....these thing are everywhere, and the next one is bigger than the one before. It's like these stores are in competition..... come into my store, i've got the biggest boot for a one-legged person!

Someone forgot to tell him that if the item didn't come in his size it's bc no one wanted to see him in the trend...Sir, making your own cut-off belly shirt means people will stop and take pictures of you (like Andras and I)

Me (Us) & My Koala

They were so sleepy...I want one!

AWKWARD SPEEDO SPOTTING! This dude was at the kiddie beach, which means he has probably produced little speedo wearing kids. I was hoping to get an action shot of him running into the water, Baywatch style, to save one of them, but no such luck!

Sunbathing on our drive around Sydney!

Bin Your Butts...I was trying but they made it sort of difficult. (tried to get Andreas to take a picture of his head inside one so that I could call him a Butt Head...)

My turn...take one of me

take another one of me...

Again....

Ok, fine...i'll take one of you.

At Bondi Beach!

Little rock climbing

Before Andreas saved me...he had to snap a pic!

Look! Two legs are growing out of this ladies stomach!

I was a trooper and stuck around in the rain so Andreas could get the Perfect Shot! So he had to entertain me with a few candid shots!

Gross...who put's pics like this on a blog? (me ;-)

Looks romantic...but we took this pic 4 times, and each time he picked me up I heard him grunt like he was lifting the 500lb woman......

Beer and Pretzels....had to stop!

Hmm...I can imagine that the name of this place actually hurts their female percentage of customers. I wast tempted to walk in, and order a Manly Kebab in a very deep voice while telling other customer's how much I love this place, and eat here all the time!

Bank Robbing Monkey's were here......
On our last night in Sydney we splurged a little and bought tickets to the Sydney Ballet at the Sydney Opera House.

We saw Madame Butterfly and LOVED every minute of it. I never knew that Miss Saigon was based off of this story. I have a few photos of us at the show that have not yet been uploaded...nothing special since we were not allowed to take photos inside the theater...but I will upload from Melbourne.
Meg- We are certain u would have loved it as well. ;-)

Ok...that's all folks! Hope you enjoyed the pics and video's!

We are now driving down the Princes Highway to Melbourne for the next two days! Sad to leave Sydney, but ready for the next stop on this adventure!

4 comments:

  1. Crocodile Dundee-Heid...I love it! Great pics of Australia! It looks like you're both having the time of your lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best grouping of pictures yet! Love it!!!
    I am also a fan of Crocodile Dundee-Heid...and the bank robbing monkeys :)
    Looks like you guys had a great time in Sydney...keep posting stuff on here! We are all enjoying it!
    Love you both...don't forget to buy me lots of presents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ... I am excited by your blog posts and pictures.

    At the time when you are in Thailand, Bine and I are not far away. We are the last two weeks of May in Malaysia on the road. For Thailand, we unfortunately don't have the time.

    I'm looking forward to your next post.

    Greetings from the Lake Constance
    Steffen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey you guys!

    I've just updating myself on your trip and it;s just awesome! I love how you are sharing the trip with all of us, I feel like I'm right there with you! I'm so excited to see more pics and hear about all of it. This has become my new online addiction, haha.

    Love you crazy kids,

    Michael Gregory Smoot

    ReplyDelete