Friday, April 8, 2011

Driving North

We are making our way north...driving up the West Coast of NZ. It's incredibly beautiful...the mountain ranges and scenery are breathtaking. Also, Andreas and I are blown away with how friendly New Zealander's are to tourists. They really make you feel welcome!
We have stopped for the night in Kaiteriteri, and tomorrow we will do a full day of sea kayaking up and down the coast of Tasman Bay. The following day we have a Whale Watching Tour book, which we are both so looking forward too. On our honeymoon, in Hawaii, whale watching was one of the most memorable things we did while on vacation.

So, the 50+ pictures I just uploaded to the blog are a mixture of what we have been doing for the last 4-5 days. There have been some amazing moments...like climbing the glacier, some memorable nights...of crashing at random spots on the side of the road...and some silly, laugh out loud moments...like when Andreas catches me dancing on the beach.

Enjoy!

Where you can usually find me...in the car...far away from Mosquitos!

Oh, wait...she got out of the car...better document the moment with a photo!

We had to loop around and return to this spot at Lake Wanaka bc there were two boys behind me playing soccer.

One of my favorites!

A rare photo of the two of us together...at Lake Wanaka!


I should be a ballet dancer...Mer, what do you think? ;-)

Fierce!

umm...I was having a private happy dance moment when I saw the Indian Ocean for the first time...Andreas decided to snap a photo and make it a silly moment...he got even funnier ones that i'm totally not posting to this public site.

Just when you think your campervan can't get any smaller...you realize it totally could.


Where I grew up, always being prepared meant having your weapon of choice holstered to you at all times...for my Andreas that weapon of choice is a Can(n)on DSLR

He shoots...

Beautiful beach

Some things never change...no matter how far you are from home....
Ahhh, the Roaring Meg! Miss you ;-)



Oh Dear...he tried to go for a run one evening wearing a $50 t-shirt over a ski fleece...I had to demand that he change!

Find the Andreas...where is he...he's out there...

ARMED TO...SHOOT?

Thinking of you Meg...a GIANT BOOT!

In case any of you were curious...this is how Andreas climbed up a GLACIER! Giant Camera...Fanny pack and his pants tucked into his socks...but he somehow rocked the look! ;-)

So Cool!

Glacier Tunnel

Before the hike up the Glacier! It was a beautiful day..I ended up in a tank top!

Preparing for the 2 hr hike up!



Our guide...and his ice axe

We asked this tourist wedding photographer on the trek to take our photo together, and he asked us if we wanted a half body or fully body shot..he took one of each!





Ice Tent

Andreas wanted to check out the ice tent too

Andreas Sexy shoes!

Andreas says this is the BEST photo he has ever taken...I LOVE IT!

Mirrored view of the Franz Josef Glacier



Serenity NOW!



Rainbow!

hmm...at the very least, the name of this store caused us to turn around as snap a pic

Miss you Meg



It was freezing on Milford Sound...not my best shot, but proof I ventured outside.
Andreas taking the boat ride through Milford Sound

Again, outside on Milford Sound...sun came out

Love this...Milford Sound Rainbow!

Hope you enjoyed the photos!
Family & Friends we miss you and love you!
Hope everyone is doing well. Until the next post! ;-)

6 comments:

  1. These pics are amazing. I wish I was there with you. It looks like you are having an amazing time and it looks like you are still in the "honey" stage!!!! At least by looking at these pics I feel like I am experiencing the trip with you guys. We miss and love you both. Enjoy the last few days there before off to Australia. Love ya. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting so many wonderful pictures! So we can do a virtual trip around the world with you ;o)
    I must show the pics to my mom - she will be happy to see you in these wonderful landscapes - enjoying it the way you do! And especially your trip in the ice is really unique. Well enjoy the next days and have a good flight to Australia! Lots of love and kisses! Susanne (with family)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You would make a lovely ballerina Shan...and apparently you have already begun choreographing a fabulous "Ode to the Indian Ocean!" I love the "Mirrored view of the Franz Josef Glacier" - such a cool picture. Glad you guys are doing well and looking forward to reading about the next adventures! I thought the Roaring Meg was something that we only had stateside...

    ReplyDelete
  4. great pics! I wanna see more jumping shots :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Guys! Great photos, especially the ones from Shan... I have heard that you are planing to be in France and Portugal around July... Let me know so that we can meet. Hugs and Kisses from Barcelona. Pascal

    ReplyDelete