Tuesday, April 26, 2011

There is NO Beach in Airlie BEACH???

 Monarch Bakery!

About a week ago, before we left Melbourne, we couldn't resist a visit to the Monarch Bakery in the St Kilda area of the city. It was fantastic! Wall to wall pastries...with every last one of them looking delicious. Four pastries and two cappuccinos later...we headed up to Cairns.

Welcome to Cairns!!! 

While in Cairns, I quickly found a recurring fashion trend...that I regretfully do not have a photo of, but still must share with you. It seems that the men in this city have a fondness for a trend I dabbled into about 10 yrs ago....and that would be CUT OFF JEAN SHORTS ROLLED UP TO THEIR CROTCH REGION! Almost as uncomfortable to be around as the "awkward speedo," but since I could not snap a good photo of it...I will leave you with the next best thing....

Excuse me sir...but your wearing your wife's shorts...and at some uncomfortable points while walking behind you, I was unsure if you were actually wearing shorts at all.
Hmm...I'm sure THE BODY SHOP was loving the petting zoo right outside their store. Come on in for the refreshing scents of mango and...animal poop!



SNORKEL & SCUBA AT THE GREAT BARRIER REEF!
During our stay in Cairns, Andreas and I took a boat trip out to the Great Barrier Reef. We snorkeled during the afternoon, but we were also given the amazing chance to scuba dive at the GBR! It was one of those experiences I will never forget...all I keep thinking about is when will I get to do that again! Here are photos and videos of that day...Enjoy!

Snorkel....heading out to FIND NEMO!
Sleepin with the fishes....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoWrvXpM8D4
Andreas was constantly swimming away from me to snap pictures of fish...I made him take one of me just so I could feel like I was just as cool as the fish he was after!

Smile! I can't smile...this mask was so tight it was giving me a temporary face lift!

Fishy  Kisses!

Andreas in his sexy blue suit! He took some amazing photos while diving!

Found Nemo!

Miss you Meg!

That's ME...in my pink flippers! (I heard sharks don't like pink...it made me look less like a seal)

I don't want this to end!!!

Ooohhhh...its a squishy....I shall call you squishy and you shall be mine!

Kasey & Natascha...who does this fish look like???


Awkward Speedo Spotting! This dude was bad...and what made me laugh was that the backpack would cover the speedo making it look like he had nothing on.   The guy to his right was what I like to call a "permit carrying speedo tester." This means that he hasn't fully committed to the speedo lifestyle just yet...he's testing it out....learning how to wear it! (next required step in obtaining the speedo license....obtaining a tan!)

Andreas and I are both certified diver's...that's not true...but we got these certificates that look like we are now certified diver's.


I still have a few scuba video's to post...but we don't have a strong enough internet connection to upload them tonight. Also, I still have about 30 photos to post from our time in Cairns! I'll work on all of that tomorrow...so be on the look out for another Heid-ing post soon!

We are currently in Airlie Beach....which I see as false advertising...because there is NO beach here!  Had to drive 45 min today to find a suitable beach to sunbathe on....
Talk soon!
Peace out from Airlie Beach!

2 comments:

  1. Love the pics from Scuba diving!! You guys look like you're still having an amazing time :) Call me when you wake up today if you have time. Love you both and miss you like crazy!!!! MUAH:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool!!! I can't believe that you went scuba diving, I am so proud of you!! Thanks for all the pics, they are amazing. Can't wait for your next journey. I feel like I am there. Miss ya.
    Love you both.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete