Friday, July 15, 2011

A ridiculous fit in Paris!

Bonjour

Let me see, how did this trip start out.....Oh yes, I remember. One morning, Andreas, my mother and I all boarded a very early flight from Zurich to Paris. Andreas thought it would be nice to trade seats with my mom so that her and I could sit together for the short flight to Paris. So, Andreas boarded the flight, and proceeded to my mother's seat....which was a few rows behind ours. My mother, of course, instead of saying thank you and sitting in his assigned seat, threw what one might call "a ridiculous fit," and insisted in sitting in her own seat. She was muttering something about how this was our vacation, and that she couldn't split us up. At this point we had been together for 2 1/2/ months....I don't think either one of us was going to cry over not sitting together for a 2 hour flight to Paris. So, my mom made her way back to her assigned seat, which forced Andreas to do the awkward walk "up stream" to his seat. Needless to say, I didn't get a 2 hr flight with "Happy Andi" next to me.
We only had a day in the city before heading out to EuroDisney....so we wanted to make the most of it! (Little did Andreas know that this meant shopping and eating ourselves to death!) ;-) My mom has been to Paris several times, but there are a few things she has never seen.... 1.) The Louvre, 2.) She has never been to the top of the Eiffel Tower & 3.) She has never had an amazing pastry. So, we set out to accomplish those tasks....with a few distractions along the way....

As you can see from this photo...we hadn't even made it to the Eiffel Tower yet....but had already stopped to buy something.....so many distractions!
The only thing we knew about the Arc de Triomphe was that the Champs-Elysees began there..SHOPPING TIME!!!


On the Way to the Louvre....there were a few distractions.

Mom - The only thing I can say about this photo is that you are the meanest person alive! ;-) (A hint: Her eagerness to take this photo had something to do with the socks-sandals wearing gentleman to her left.)

Sir, I'm pretty sure the Victoria Secret Catalog was invented so that you could steal it from your wife, and check out all the hot ladies inside....you took it too far when you ordered this sweatshirt!

Find my Andreas!

The Very Bad Trip 2 - Are you trying to tell me that the French don't have a word for Hangover???


After shopping, pastries and picture-taking....we had not yet made it to the Eiffel Tower......but we had finally made it all the way to the Louvre...

I made her take a photo inside the museum...because we got there too late, and did not have time to actually go inside. Sorry Mona Lisa, Colleen did not make you a priority today!

However, in my defense...this is the closest she has ever been to the Louvre....so I feel that this goal was accomplished!


A few Masterpieces from Andreas, the Great:






Yes, I too am one of his masterpieces..perhaps even in the running for the title of Prized Masterpiece

Delicious dinner at Antoine
We were able to reserve a table at this recommended restaurant for dinner one evening. It was nothing short of extraordinary. The food was amazing, the service was very hospitable (maybe one could say very UN-French) and the dessert was something I will remember forever! http://www.antoine-paris.fr/
I should also mention that we had a beautiful view of the Eiffel Tower from our table....just incredible, and worth every penny!

This was the last dessert item off of a tasting platter that was to die for....we loved everything we tried!
Now that we have successfully eaten ourselves to death, it's time to rest up for our train ride to EuroDisney in the morning! Cinderella, here we come!!!!!
 

As we come to the end of our blog posts, if you are reading this blog...we would love to know you are out there...become a follower or shoot us an email, fb message etc. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. hanger-over is gueule de bois en francais !
    Wooden mouth...doesn't sound good on a movie poster.
    Have fun with Nancy and Juliette
    Guillaume

    ReplyDelete