Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Don't tell Mike we're taking the back roads....

On our way to Paris, we decided to make a short stop in Switzerland for a few days of relaxation with family and friends. We landed in Zurich and headed up to Andreas' family's home in Germany for the evening. We were able to relax and spend some time with the Heids before heading back to Switzerland the following morning. With pastries in hand, we picked my parents up at the Zurich airport, and hit the road towards our friends home in Brunnen, Switzerland. Unfortunately, we were forced to take all non-highway roads because the car we borrowed was not authorized to drive on Swiss toll roads. Naturally, we chose not to inform my father of this....and just kind of hoped he would fall asleep and lose track of time. The good news is we arrived late, but to open arms and smiling faces! I love being back in Switzerland.

A day in Brunnen with family & friends!

What a beautiful view from the home of Christa and Chavdar in Brunnen


Guests at Natalie's Confirmation Party! 

As I mentioned earlier, we were very late to Natalie's party, but we made it in time to enjoy at least some of the celebration. Natalie looked great, and it was really wonderful to catch up with loved ones that have always felt like family to me.

Christa trying to find Natalie's favorite songs on her new Ipod!

Andreas and Chavdar

My family and Natalie

The Romantic Honeymoon Suite!
As a wedding gift, Christa and Chavdar had given us a romantic evening at the Seehotel Waldstaetterhof Hotel in Brunnen  (http://www.waldstaetterhof.ch/). It was incredible, and we had such an amazing evening. I keep asking Andreas when he is going to take me back to the Waldstaetterhof, but he must be losing his hearing, because he never answers me when I ask...he is getting old.
The view from our room!

The moment we arrived those doors were opened, and stayed that way for the entire evening.
The little details in the room made it even more special
Our romantic dinner at the hotel! (I just remember eating far too much food at that restaurant...everything was so delicious!

Andreas was able to capture some incredible photos of the lake...I just loved being here!


All of these photos were taken from our balcony!


Kolmar Soccer Game! 
We spent an evening cheering on the Kolmar soccer team! Although they did not win, and it seemed impossible to keep track of the score...it was still a lot of fun!

Mom, Dad and I cheering on the team!






Konstanz, Germany - Where my baby went to college!!!
Andreas and I took my mother to Konstanz for an afternoon. Andreas went to university in Konstanz and we have been here a few times during the holidays. I really like the city and wanted to share it with my mother. 
All of us at the top of the cathedral tower in Konstanz. We walked all the way up, and were all dying by the time we hit the top. However, it was worth it.....the views were amazing!

We took a visit to the dorm that Andreas lived in with his now brother-in-law, Klaus. Security at the dorm was really strong....which was why we were able to get up to the second floor, and peak through the windows of his old room.
Dinner with Family!
Andreas had gone back up to see his family in Germany, while I stayed behind to spend an extra day with my own family in Zug. We all went to a beautiful outdoor dinner that lasted late into the evening...and if I remember correctly, ended with a conversation / disagreement about Facebook. For the record, I think my team won the fight ;-)

For those of you who don't know...this is the group that is responsible for me meeting Andreas on that fateful flight from Zurich 5 years ago this month! I love them all!
Andreas and I really had a wonderful time in Switzerland, and we need to remind ourselves to visit more often.
Now we are off to Paris for two fun filled days of Disneyland! I'm so excited...I can't wait to take a ride on "It's a Small World"!

And just another quick reminder,  that as we come to the end of our blog posts, if you are reading this blog...we would love to know you are out there...become a follower or shoot us an email, fb message etc. Thank you!

1 comment: